ECUPL

东风楼

发布时间:2022-11-01浏览次数:203

原名西门堂,1924年落成后为圣约翰附属中学高中部校舍。建筑为两层砖木结构,呈四合院式格局曾划归华东师范大学数学系使用1956年归还华东政法学院。后改名东风楼。


东风楼原名西门堂,于1923年岁末奠定隅石,次年1213日举行落成典礼,是圣约翰大学近代建筑中占地面积较大的一幢。

Formerly known as the Seaman Hall, the cornerstone of the East-Wind Building was laid at the end of 1923 and was inaugurated on 13 December in the following year. It was one of the larger buildings in the modern architecture of St. John’s University.

建筑为两层砖木结构,呈四合院式格局。立面主体是青砖,勾勒白线,细部以红砖扮饰,色彩分明,整体依旧延续外廊式风格,窗上加弧形拱券,巧妙的搭配使沉重的砖木结构变得轻盈雅致。

The two-storey building, with a brick-and-timber structure, presents a quadrangle-style pattern. The facade is mainly made of grey bricks, sketched with white lines, and decorated with red bricks in distinct colour. The overall style of the building remains that of a veranda, with curved arches on the windows. Such an ingenious combination makes the cumbersome brick-and-timber structure lofty and elegant.



 1925年起,西门堂便为圣约翰附属中学高中部校舍。1952年全国高校院系大调整,圣约翰大学被撤销,西门堂划归华东师范大学数学系使用,直到1956年才归还华东政法学院。后西门堂改名东风楼。

Since 1925, the Seaman Hall had been used as a teaching building of St. John’s University’s Affiliated High School. During the large-scale adjustment of universities and departments nationwide in 1952, St. John’s University was closed and the Seaman Hall was transferred to the Department of Mathematics of East China Normal University, and was not returned to East China Institute of Politics and Law until 1956.Years later, the Seaman Hall was renamed the East-Wind Building.


 





最热导读

XML 地图 | Sitemap 地图